Tuesday, June 11, 2013 The importance of performing routine maintenance to various home systems was emphasized as a result of the June 7th fire in an apartment at the Castle Marina Development. Firefighters found a bird nest had been built in the dryer exhaust pipe partially obstructing the exhaust. This possibly caused lint to buildup in the vent and may have been ignited resulting in the fire. The flexible dryer hose was destroyed in the fire, but was most likely clogged by dryer lint.
Vent lines should be checked and cleaned annually to ensure they are free of obstructions.
See the attached links and video to learn more about how you can protect your home and your family by preventing dryer fires.
NBC Today Show Video
How to clean your dryer vent
Related Links :